311 Boyz Victim Takes the Stand

(May 28) -- The victim in the infamous 311 Boyz gang fight took the stand Friday describing the brutal attack on him and his friends. Nine teens were originally charged in this case, but only one is on to trial.

The most seriously injured victim, Stephen Tanner Hansen, took the stand in court and for the first time we heard his versions of the events, which took place at a Summerlin party last July.

"We were fearing for our life." Stephen Tanner Hansen described how scared he and his two friends were as they were being surrounded by a group of teens and then crashed in their truck after leaving a party last summer. Hansen said as they fled down the Summerlin street, their truck was pelted with rocks, which shattered the glass. Hansen was knocked unconscious and woke up briefly to find his arm and eye severely injured.

"I was checking to see if I still had my eye and I noticed that the entire side of my face is open and I keep coming in and out of consciousness, and I have no control over my body. So what I remember best is that I kept flying forward and hitting my head on the dashboard and I couldn't do anything about it," Hansen described. 

But Hansen testified that he did not see the rock throwers and Scott Morse, the only teen to face trial, is accused of being one of those assailants. Morse's attorney did not question Hansen, but he did question Anthony Gallion earlier in the day. That's because Gallion was the only witness, so far, to say he saw Morse throw a rock that hit the truck window.

Former defendant Anthony Fallion said, "When the car came down, Chris Farley, like underarm, tossed the rocks that went through. Scott threw his overhand and I believe I saw it go through the passenger window, and just was a little bit out of my vision. So I saw him come down with something, but I didn't see him actually throw."

That witness, Anthony Gallion, and one other teenage girl testified in court that Scott Morse later bragged about his rock hitting the truck. The prosecution rested its case Friday and testimony will continue for the defense on Tuesday.

Nine teens were originally charged with the attempted murder in this case. But eight of them accepted plea agreements within the last month. Only three of those eight are facing any prison time for this incident.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Check City Checks Hunger
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center