Clark County coroner says man's death at EDC was accidental

LAS VEGAS - The death of a man attending the Electric Daisy Carnival was ruled accidental by the Clark County Coroner's Office.

The medical examiner for the Clark County Coroner's Office determined that Michael Adam Morse, 34, of California, died from acute MDMA and TFMPP toxicity.

MDMA is also known as Ecstasy. TFMPP is known as "Legal X."

“A few of the many adverse effects of the drug Ecstasy is increased body temperature and dehydration, which when combined with hot weather creates a potentially deadly situation,” Coroner John Fudenberg said.

Environmental heat exposure was also listed as a contributing factor to Morse's death on June 17, 2017.

An average of 135,000 attendees partied from sundown to sunrise during the three-day dance and music festival. EDC 2017 took place as a heat wave moved through the area.

The National Weather Service put midnight temperatures at the time at nearly 100 degrees during the event's final night.

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • #OurPain
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Links we Mentioned
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Red Cross Everyday Heroes

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center