Deadly House Fire Ruled Accidental

LAS VEGAS -- The house fire in a northwest Las Vegas neighborhood that killed two people was accidental, Las Vegas fire investigators said.

The Aug. 8 fire on Empire Rock Street near Iron Mountain Road and El Capitan Way killed a visiting couple from Memphis, Tennessee and injured the couple who lived in the home.

Investigators believe the fire was electrical in nature and started in the attic several hours before it was discovered.

Damage to the home was estimated at $350,000.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Deadly Dust: Asbestos
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News