Southwest Gas began the process of restoring gas Wednesday morning to customers impacted by Tuesday afternoon's gas fire.
A neighborhood near Anasazi Drive and N. Hualapai Way was evacuated after a backhoe hit a natural gas line causing it to leak and catch fire.
Fire crews allowed the fire to burn out and gas to the area was shut off. Customers have been without gas since then.
Southwest Gas crews did work until late into the evening to repair the gas line.
Starting at 8:45 a.m., technicians began visiting impacted homes to restore natural gas. An adult over the 18 must be home at the time. Southwest Gas says their technicians will be uniformed and have proper identification and will make several attempts to restore service.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.