Las Vegas Bellagio fire caused by faulty light

LAS VEGAS - The Bellagio fire on April 13 was accidental and caused by a faulty light fixture on an exterior wall, according to the Clark County Fire Department.

The roof of the retail section caught fire around 11 p.m. Thursday night. More than 70 firefighters fought the blaze.

The faulty fixture was on the exterior wall of the north retail wing of the building. It was about three-and-a half-feet below the roof line of the building.

“Despite strong winds that night, County firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and limit the damage to the exterior wall and roof,” County Fire Chief Greg Cassell said. “While we never want to see an incident like this occur, it did demonstrate the extraordinary ability of the men and women of the Clark County Fire Department to keep our residents and visitors safe in an emergency.”

No injuries were reported.

Damage to the building was estimated to be around $450,000.

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • I-Team Reports
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center