LAS VEGAS (AP) -- The Las Vegas Fire Department will be able to fill 20 positions thanks to a federal grant from the Department of Homeland Security.
Sen. Harry Reid announced Wednesday that the department would receive $6.3 million to ramp up its frontline firefighting force.
The 20 positions had previously eliminated or were left vacant.
Reid says the estimated 40 million people who visit Las Vegas each year should know they're safe. He says the city's newest fire station, which is expected to open this summer east of downtown, will be fully staffed and equipped thanks to the grant.
The money is part of the SAFER program, which has awarded about $320 million in grants across the country during the 2013 fiscal year.
The investigation continues in the sexual harassment case of Nevada…
The heat is on for Republicans in the U.S. Senate as a vote on the…
Recreational pot sales are scheduled to begin July 1. However,…