(April 11 Update) -- Sheriff Bill Young says federal authorities on a national level failed to share important information with local authorities about an alleged terrorist plot against Las Vegas. Young says he's upset with the U.S. Attorney's Office in Detroit for withholding information that could have been important to Metro and the safety of Clark County residents. Young is now writing a letter to Attorney General John Ashcroft in hopes of preventing a similar situation in the future.
(April 10) -- Las Vegas may have been the target of terrorists. Members of an accused terrorist sleeper cell arrested with footage of the MGM Grand Hotel are on trial in Detroit.
Key prosecution witness Youssef Hmimssa yesterday said his fellow defendants had a dislike for Las Vegas and called it a "City of Satan."
Hmimssa pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges and now is aiding in the prosecution of the four others.
Authorities claim Las Vegas and an American air base in Turkey were their potential targets.
- Terror Indictment for U.S. 'Sleepers' (CBSNews.com)
- Witness says defendants predicted 'massive attacks'
DETROIT -- The government's key witness in the Detroit terror trial testified Wednesday that two of the defendants predicted "massive attacks" in the United States shortly before Sept. 11, 2001. 04/10/03
- Feds: Terrorists Targeted Vegas (The Detroit News )
- Detroit Terror Witness Tells of Forgery Request
- 4 Plotted, Witness in Terror Case Charges (Detroit Free Press)
- Terror or Error? Was it a Cunning Terror Cell, or a Group of Hapless Immigrants?
- Yahoo! Detroit News Links | Headlines |
Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner will appear in federal court to face…
Sweden's top prosecutor says she is dropping an investigation into a…
Taiwan's top court has cleared the way for the island to recognize…