LVFD: Fire sparks from barbecue grill

LAS VEGAS - The windy weather caused some problems for firefighters battling a blaze Thursday near N. 27th Street and Sunrise Avenue.

The house fire near the downtown area sparked around 2:10 p.m.  Two people were in the home at the start of the fire, but they were able to escape without any injuries, Las Vegas Fire said.

According to firefighters, the homeowners were using the barbecue grill on the patio, they left for a minute, and when they returned the back of the house was on fire.

There weren't any other details released.  This is a developing story.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • I-Team Reports
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center