Men accused in sexual assualt of special education student appear in court

LAS VEGAS - Two men accused of taking part in the sexual assault of a 14-year-old special education student appeared in Las Vegas Justice Court Monday morning.

Leby Alas-Gomez, 39, and Jose Mejia-Henriquez, 18, are both accused of taking part in the raping of a female student along with some male Del Sol students who are minors, one is Alas-Gomez's son. The incidents took place over three days in Nov. 2016.

According to the arrest report, the female student reported what happened after she was made aware that a video had been made showing her naked with the boys and men. The girl has the mental capacity of a 7 or 8-year-old child, the report said.

The girl was taken to Alas-Gomez's home by Mejia-Henriquez and the teens after school. The sex acts occurred in that home and the father could be heard encouraging the boys in the video, the report said. The girl said, "they told her, she would not get a ride home unless she did it."

Both men are being held without bail.

A preliminary hearing has been set for March 27.

 

 

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • I-Team Reports
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center