Neighbors recount fire that left child injured

LAS VEGAS - A 4-year-old girl remains in critical condition after firefighters pulled her from a burning home.

The fire started Friday night in the garage of a home in the area of Sahara Avenue and Hualapai Way.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue firefighters found the child on the second sweep of the home in a room next to the garage.

Medical responders rushed the child to University Medical Center Pediatrics where doctors are treating her for smoke inhalation, according to investigators.

Neighbors say they the whole thing started with a bang.

“We were all outside barbecuing when all of a sudden we heard an explosion, and we all ran out to the front yard. We saw the garage going up in flames, everything was bright orange, and it smelt like ash and smoke. The dad came out, he was trying to control the fire,” said Davelys Diago Sanchez, neighbor.

Witnesses also told 8 News NOW the dad, mom, and brother are all okay but are going through a lot right now.

That’s why the Sanchez’s decided to step in to help. They’re giving Daisy, the family’s Boston Terrier a place to stay.

The Sanchez’s say they are just showing some neighborly love along with everyone else who has come together to help the family.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • #OurPain
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Links we Mentioned
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Red Cross Everyday Heroes

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center