Six hospitalized after Las Vegas house fire

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Six people have been hospitalized for smoke inhalation after an early Friday morning house fire in east Las Vegas near East Charleston Boulevard and Eastern Avenue.

Las Vegas Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski says the electrical fire appears to have started with an air conditioning unit on the roof of the one-story home.

Szymanski says a neighbor alerted the home's five occupants to the fire around 5 a.m. Friday.

The neighbor and the family of five were all being treated for smoke inhalation. One family member also had cuts from broken glass.

Szymanski says there were not smoke alarms in the home and the family had reported electrical problems in the house for months.

The blaze caused heavy damage to the attic and did about $125,000 in damage.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Deadly Dust: Asbestos
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Video Center