Small Batteries Can Hurt Small Children

LAS VEGAS -- A one year old child died after swallowing a battery. A terrible tragedy, but it could happen to almost any family.  

The child had swallowed one of those small, round batteries that are used to power clocks and watches and other electronics. Once inside the body, they do terrible damage.

They can choke the child, but if they reach the digestive system, they can cause severe burns and even death.  With the holidays coming up, please be sure to keep all batteries out of the reach of inquisitive children.

 

Paula Francis

 

 





More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Founder's Day of Caring
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center