Stretch of U.S. 95 is closed due to Project Neon

LAS VEGAS - U.S. 95 is closed Wednesday night through early Thursday morning between Las Vegas & Casino Center Boulevards. The overnight closures are needed to install an active traffic management sign.

Drivers are also having to use side street detours because Las Vegas Boulevard is closed between Stewart Avenue and Bonanza Road. Main Street and Casino Center Boulevard are your best ways to get around this mess of street closures.

N-DOT crews have completed 40% of construction for Project Neon in its first year.But the other 60% of road work left for the massive project will still take another two years.

About 400,000 man hours has been out in for Project Neon, including more than a mile of reinforced concrete box culvert for flood control. 607 tons of reinforced steel has been put in, 43 structures torn down and more than 17 miles of utilities installed.

Crews are making major headway transforming MLK Boulevard into an enhanced feeder-like roadway paralleling Interstate 15. That portion of work is nearly complete.

U.S. 95 will completely re-open by 6:00 a.m. Thursday.

 

More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center