Trump says $1M on way to help Vegas after attack

LAS VEGAS - President Donald Trump says the federal government is sending $1 million to Las Vegas to help pay law enforcement costs related to last week's mass killing.

Trump tweeted Wednesday that the grant will help pay for overtime logged by law enforcement officers after the gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more.

The Justice Department says the grant comes from emergency response funds within the Bureau of Justice Assistance.

The department says the grant recognizes the hard work and dedication of law enforcement officers who worked tirelessly in the wake of the attack.
 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • #OurPain
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Turkey-Thon
  • Vegas Strong 5K/1-Mile
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center