Two employees treated for smoke inhalation at Treasure Island

LAS VEGAS - Two Treasure Island Resort employees were treated for smoke inhalation after an elevator motor overheated, according to the Clark County Fire Department. 

The incident happened at 3:12 p.m. on Saturday. Firefighters say the smoking elevator motor set off the smoke detector in the elevator machine room. 

This caused light smoke on the 36th floor. Two employees were treated for smoke inhalation, but refused emergency transportation, said CCFD investigators. 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with 8 News NOW
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Deadly Dust: Asbestos
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Community Pride
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Politics Now
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center