Local News

FBI official: Las Vegas shooting report to be after anniversary

LAS VEGAS - The top FBI official in Nevada says he will make public a report about the shooting last year that killed 58 people and injured hundreds on the Las Vegas Strip, but it'll be after the Oct. 1 anniversary.

Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse told 8 News Now, he didn't expect the report to be ready by the one-year mark. "We didn't expect it before the anniversary date. We aren't worried about getting it fast, we want it right."

The FBI official says authorities are confident Stephen Paddock was the only shooter, that Paddock killed himself before police arrived, and that the attack did not involve a broader conspiracy.

Rouse says almost 1,000 FBI agents in the U.S. and 25 countries contributed to the investigation.
 


More Stories

Latest News

Video Center