About La Bonita Supermarkets:
In 1991, after moving to Las Vegas from Los Angeles, Jaime & Sylvia Martinez founded the Las Vegas's first "Carniceria", or butcher shop. The owners, originally from Michoacan, Mexico, decided to name it after his rancher father's favorite cow, "La Bonita".
Carniceria La Bonita continued to grow along with the Las Vegas Valley and evolved into La Bonita Supermarkets. Family owned and operated, La Bonita has 5 locations across the Las Vegas valley, with their newest and biggest store opening in early 2018. Currently, La Bonita Supermarkets employs 700 people and is expected to hire another 150 more with their new store.
Avocado Salmon Salad
This avocado salmon salad is a keeper! It is loaded with all the best ingredients; crunchy cucumber, crisp lettuce, spinach and juicy pan seared salmon. The fresh lemon dill dressing is so easy and gives this salad amazing flavor.
This recipe takes than 30 minutes, start to finish so it is perfect for busy weeknights and so impressive for entertaining. This salad always gets rave reviews. It is an easy, excellent salad.
- Mixing and prep bowls
- Non-stick saute' pan
- Cutting board
Ingredients for Salmon Salad:
- 1 lb. salmon filets, boneless, skinless cut into 4 fillets
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to sauté
Ingredients for Lemon Dill Salad Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice from 2 medium lemons
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp dill freshly chopped
Ingredients for Avocado Salmon Salad:
- 1 romaine lettuce (1 medium head or 6 cups chopped)
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion (1/2 cup) thinly sliced
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients: 3 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp dill, 1 tsp sea salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir together and set aside.
- Season both sides of salmon filets with 1 tsp garlic salt and 1/8 tsp pepper, or season to taste.
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add salmon and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through (cook time can vary depending on thickness of salmon filet). Remove salmon to a plate and spoon 1 teaspoon of the dressing over each filet. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange salad ingredients in the salad bowl: 6 cups romaine lettuce, 1 cup spinach, sliced English cucumber, sliced radishes, 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, and sliced avocados. Drizzle with remaining lemon dressing and toss to combine. Divide between 4 plates and top each plate with a salmon filet.
For more information visit our website www.bonitamarkets.com or follow us on Facebook.